Thursday, February 18, 2010

Gotta love it!

This is my husbands command and it honestly doesn't shock me at all.
Click the title and it will take you to the article.
But basically it comes down to he had "sexual relations" (lets be politically correct here lol) with a female officer onboard the USS Truxtun. He apparently got caught. And has thrown his career down the drain. Yes we all know he is innocent until proven guilty. But the funny part about this whole thing is there weren't rumors or anything until about the time it was to hit the news. My husband received a call and was told the news. It was on the news within just a few minutes.
I think it is a crying shame that people flush their careers for a few "good" minutes. Seriously? And lets take this a step further, another military wife left her opinion about this on my facebook last night. We have people fighting to get women on submarines? Yeah how many would blow their careers then? That said, you didn't have these issues when women weren't allowed on ships! Don't get me wrong I am all for equal rights, but there has to consequences all around. Any way that is a different topic for a different time.

No comments: