Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oh man I am sitting here

reading a friend of mines blog about their experiences while moving to Japan. I am so greatful that ours hasn't been as rough as hers.
You can read about her here http://ourimperfectlife.blogspot.com/p/favorite-blog-posts.html.
I met Debra and her family while we were stationed at NAS Corpus Christi. After reading her entries I will have to post ours as things are finally done. Luckily for us our whole process is going more smoothly than hers I think mainly due to the fact that we have more time to get everything set up. When all is said and done there will be 13 months between the time we found out we were moving to Naples and the time we actually get there. That wasn't our choice btw....
I was reading her blog while backing up my External HD's to my portable HD's. After having and entire 1TB HD fail on me last year I don't want to take any chances with the move. So I am backing up images to and from CD's, to and from HD's. I am leaving the CD's and Externals in Storage here in the states and taking the (4) 1TB portables with me to Naples. I will buy more once there as needed.

On a side note it snowed again today. It was very pretty but not nearly as pretty as the "white" Christmas we had. It was very windy and cold today. I hope to venture out tomorrow and get some photos. Hopefully the ice we are expecting doesn't get too bad. I want to venture further out this time :D.
Guess I should get going gotta get some packing done as we are heading to the Great Wolf Lodge on Wednesday as long as the roads are passible. Then on Friday we are off to Gatlinburg TN for our 15 yr Anniversary. Yes we are taking the kids, lol we always take the kids. That is the sacrafice of being a military family some times.
Hopefully I get to update tomorrow with some new snow images.

1 comment:

fototaker Tony said...

knows how it is to move, and it's never easy. i moved around the USA a few times, then to Spain and Italy. Not fun at all. take care!!