Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Market finds

Some ladies had talked on Facebook about going to a Market that isn't too far from where we live. Gary and I got up at a decent time considering he is still on nights. We headed over and got there about 930am. We parked on the side of the road as we weren't sure exactly where it was but we knew we were there because of all the cars haha. Will have to post pics of the parking next time. Any way we made our way through, strolling along, at a fast leisurely pace cause it was HOT! If something jumped out at me I looked but for the most part we just wanted to see if it was worth going back to another time. Gary looked for a small shovel to use in the BBQ to get the ashes out. No luck there. I didn't know what I was looking for but I told him when I saw it I would know haha. Don't think he liked that too well. Any way we came upon this one vendor that had canning jars, so I asked how much in Italian. He wanted over 5E's a jar and that didn't include the lids. said no thanks. At the corner of his table on the ground in a bin I saw some glass bottles, again asked how much. He wanted 3E each or 3 for 5E. And so here are my 3 limoncello jars. On our last swipe through the fruit and veggie vendors were ready to pack up. I saw a crate of zucchinis left and asked how much again. I got an entire crate, 2 plastic grocery bags crammed full for 4E. and he tossed in 2 bananas also. So all in all I think it was a good day. We decided if we are just going to "look" we go early. If we are there to "bargain" shop we will go late morning, when they are ready to go home. Can't wait to venture out to another market soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those bottles are beautiful! Are you going to make your own lemoncello? If so please send some this way!

Unknown said...

Hey Tonia, I thanks! I am hoping to. Just have to find the time to actually get it started. How can I get it to you legally? A friend of mine has asked me to mail her some from Sorrento too lol. PO said no :(