Saturday, January 02, 2010

With the new year comes new changes to Breezy Cranford Photography

Well I am certainly hoping that 2010 will be better than 2009. Many things happened in 09 good and bad. My husband was a geo bachelor in Mississippi while we were here in Hampton Roads VA until May, which certainly has it's challenges. Family sicknesses, cancers, surgeries and deaths. I hope they are all behind us now.
But with the bad there was some good too. The kids and I were able to go to Charleston SC to visit Daddy while they were commissioning the ship. We wound up in DC just to get away. We went to Oahu and Kauai over the summer for our family vacation. And then Disney had to put out their Military Discount that is always too good to pass up. So for Thanksgiving we wound up at Disney World. So lots of good traveling atleast.

I met some great friends and clients in 09. Photographed lots of couples, families and weddings. OPLOVE really took off here, so much so that we can't possibly help everyone who requests it.

With all of that said I am ready to start 2010 off right.
I am enrolled in a photography course, cause as we all know you can never learn too much. I am always looking for new ways to do this or that. I have a photoshop course lined up for later this year.
I don't make New Years Resolutions, so I am going to make "goals" instead.
A few of my goals personal and business wise are
* to get fit.
*get more organized and balance my time better (purchased software to help with this and made schedules)
*Practice new lighting techniques.
*Spend more time together as a family since the hubster will be home for the majority of the next 6 months.
*Try to remain open and understanding when the talks with the detailer starts for new orders (this is probably be the hardest of them all lol)
*And I hope to take atleast one photo everyday.
I will post the images here but it probably won't be everyday. But I definitely plan to post here atleast a couple of times a week. So be on the look out.
I have 6 photo projects that I need to get done hopefully before I leave for Nashville and Imaging USA. I had an idea today that I practiced with but unfortunately it won't work for my project. I will post it here later and start fresh again tomorrow.

Also if you are following this blog please friend/fan me on facebook as I have an awesome contest going on.
For all of my facebook friends/fans I am asking you to help me get more fans for the new year. From Jan.1 through Jan. 14th at Midnight who ever refers the most friends to my photography page will win a 2010 calendar with a collection of images from our Hawaii trip. I will do a different contest starting the 15th through the 31st. These contests will continue through June 30th. At that time who ever has referred the most people overall will receive a complimentary Snaptotes clutch bag with the portrait of their choosing. With your help I know that 2010 will be awesome. If you refer someone please have them put your full name in a message so that I know who referred them. If you click on the title of this post it will take you to my photography facebook page.
Thanks for your help and I look forward to meeting many new people, reuniting with old friends and making new ones.

No comments: